Couplet Poetry will open for submissions for Issue 6 from February 1-28, 2024.
- Submit ONLY two poems. Our acceptances of submissions are all or nothing; we will either say yes to both poems, or no to both poems.
- Include a short cover letter/bio in the Submissions form on Submittable.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but do know that we read quickly and generally give answers within two months of the close of our submission window. Notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. It will mean that you need to withdraw the entire submission, as we only publish pairs of poems. Due to the volume of submissions, you will not be allowed to resubmit new work in the case of a withdrawal.
- All work submitted must be previously unpublished, including on personal blogs and websites.
- No AI assisted or generated submissions will be considered.
- Please limit to one submission per submission period. This includes if your work is accepted elsewhere, or if you change your mind about what you’ve submitted, or if you’ve made edits after submitting. Authors who submit more than one submission per period will not be considered for publication.
- We love reading work by poets we’ve previously published, but please wait the length of one issue before resubmitting (e.g. if you were published in Issue 2, wait until Issue 4’s open period to resubmit).
- We have in the past published visual poems, poems written as pairs by two separate authors, ekphrastic collaborations between poets and visual artists, and translations, and are open to considering these and other interpretations of the “couplet.”
- Upon agreement to publish, Couplet receives first serial/publication rights; all copyrights revert to author upon publication. At this time, we cannot offer payment, but we will do our darnedest to promote your work widely and will treat it with respect and care.